What are they?
These are sexy private shoots that are done either for yourself or for your partner as a gift. These are very popular as Valentines Day gifts!
Frequently Asked Questions about Boudoir Photography
I'm really nervous. Is that normal?
It is definitely normal to be nervous for your boudoir session, so don't worry. Most of our clients are nervous until the session has gone on for a few minutes. After it starts, you’ll begin to loosen up.
How do I know how to pose?
Don’t worry about posing. We've totally got you covered in that department. We know all the tricks to create the most flattering angles for you, no matter what shape or size you are.
Do your packages include hair and makeup?
We do offer packages with complimentary hair and makeup by a professional MUA. See our full list of session packages here for pricing.
Am I allowed to bring alcohol to help loosen my nerves?
As long as you're over 21, that’s totally fine with us. If youre booking a Boudior party with your friends I provide a wine basket for you!
Do you provide the wardrobe?
We do not provide your wardrobe. This is something you’ll have to pick out and bring along yourself. If you need help choosing an outfit, we can definitely give you some suggestions, though.
I want share these pictures with my partner, but I don't want loose prints floating around. Any ideas for the best gift?
This is a very common concern and we totally understand. We recommend placing an order for our little black book. This is much more discreet and will keep all of your images in one place and not floating around. For more information on these products, just ask.
What should I bring to my boudoir session?
For our sessions, we suggest two to three different outfits and any props you may want to incorporate. Need help choosing props? Think about your partners interests and hobbies! Send me a message and Im sure we can come up with something great!
Can I bring a friend?
Yes, you can bring a friend if you think it will help you relax. However, sometimes an extra set of eyes has the opposite effect, even if it is a friend. They are more than welcome to come, but if they are making you uncomfortable, they may have to wait out in the lobby.
Will my session be with a male or female photographer?
I’m currently the only photographer for my business so it will be a female. I feel like this helps set my female clients at ease. I have done many of these types of session and want you to feel comfortable and at ease with me. We make jokes and talk about life. I like it to feel like youre just hanging out with a girlfriend.
Do you do touchups?
Yes, we will smooth skin and do some basic retouching on all of your portraits.
I’m not a model – are boudoir photos still flattering even if my body isn’t perfect?
Absolutely! Nobody is perfect and every woman is sexy. If you have any specific concerns, contact us and we can talk about it!
Do you do outdoor boudoir sessions?
We currently do not have our own outdoor location to do this, but if you have some private land, let us know and we’ll set something up. We do offer outdoor boudoir sessions, but only if they take place on your private property. It also has to be in a secluded area, so nobody can see us during the session. We do this to protect you and our company.
Do I have control over who sees my images?
Yes, most certainly. We will only share photos if you have given us permission and have approved the images for sharing. We respect your wishes and won't post or share any images if you’d prefer they stay private.
What are they?
Boudoir parties are really popular these days. What’s a boudoir party you may ask? This is where we host a session day and all of the slots are filled by you and your girlfriends.
We will schedule up to 4 sessions in one day and give you a group discount. You and your ladies all show up at the designated location and get your hair and makeup done and drink and just have a good time while you’re waiting for your session. People are usually nervous about these kinds of sessions. That totally normal and sometimes having some friends with you takes off some of the pressure. Everything is more fun with your friends around!
Each of you will then have your own private 30-minute session and Ill document some of the fun of getting ready and hanging out with your girls!. We also offer a little black book you can get printed for your sweetheart.
Sounds fun, right? Don’t miss your opportunity to throw your boudoir party. Contact us today to set your date!
The perfect Valentine’s Day present for your partner
1. Little Black Books – This is our most popular boudoir gift. It is sexy and elegant and the perfect gift for him (trust me)! This comes as an 8x8 album and has 20 pages and is INCLUDED our Valentines day special (that a $125 value FREE)!
Tips to Prepare for Your Boudoir Session
Choose your Wardrobe – Lingerie is great, but you don’t have wear it if you don’t want to. A button down shirt, sports jersey, oversized sweater, or tight shirt and booty shorts are great alternatives. Be sure to try on your outfit(s) prior to your session to ensure everything fits properly.
Don’t Forget Accessories – Make sure you think about jewelry, shoes, props, etc. Pack anything you need to get it ready for your session. For props, we suggest bringing personal items that are significant to your partner – sports gear, dog tags, lab coat, etc.
Hair and Makeup – We highly recommend using a makeup artist. If you need suggestions on who we like to work with, please contact us. A MUA will make sure that you look flawless and ready for your close up.
Exposure – Talk to us prior to the session to let us know what you are comfortable with and how exposed, or unexposed, you want to be during your session. Everyone has a different comfort level, and we like to be aware and informed of your expectations prior to your session so there are no awkward moments.
Pre-Session Beauty Prep – We suggest getting a mani/pedi a few days prior to your session. If you wax, don’t forget to pencil that into your schedule, as well. If you want to have a base tan for your photos, we recommend beginning to tan a few weeks prior to your session to avoid burning – and remember to think about your outfit and avoid any tan lines that will look bad in photos. We suggest staying away from spray tans. As a red head myself I love porcelain skin so don’t feel like you have to have a tan. Don’t forget to get your eyebrows shaped before your session.
A few days before your session, consider lowering your salt intake to avoid bloating and also eat a light breakfast the morning of. Drink a lot of water leading up to your session for beautiful, healthy skin and get a good night’s rest the night before. Shave and moisturize for beautiful legs. Wear a clear deodorant. Don’t wear tight clothing, bras, panties, socks, etc. the morning of your session or driving to your session. These will leave red marks on your skin and we know you want to look your best!
Relax – The most important thing you can do is relax. We will make sure you look amazing in your photos, so don’t worry! If you’re uncomfortable, it will show, so just keep calm.
Benefits of Professional Hair and Makeup for Your Boudoir Session
You may be questioning whether the cost of a professional hair and makeup artist is worth it. We highly recommend splurging on these two things, and here's why:
1. You're going to feel amazing with that fabulous hair and flawless face. Trust us. And you better believe that feeling of confidence will totally show in your photos.
2. It's less that you have to worry about. You're already going to be feeling a little nervous the day of your boudoir shoot. Grab a glass of bubbly and get yourself pampered, knowing you'll look amazing after your hair/makeup sesh. Plus, my hair and makeup go to will actually show up to the shoot and do it all for you there! You don’t even have to go anywhere, she comes to us. Youll have less to worry about and can enjoy the process!
3. These people are professionals. They know exactly what kind of tools, colors and products to use to bring out your best features and make you look stunning. And isn’t that exactly how you want to look on your boudoir session day?
Choosing What to Wear For Your Boudoir Session
Trying to figure out what to wear at your boudoir session? We've got a few tips to help you out:
1. Wear what makes you feel sexy. Boudoir sessions are all about bringing your sexy side, so if you put something on and you feel uncomfortable, move on to the next option. Consider it sort of like searching for the perfect wedding dress. When you put it on and can't help but spin in front of the mirror or think, "Heck yes, I'm sexy!" then that is the piece you should wear on shoot day.
2. Consider what he likes, too. Maybe he loves you in the color red, or he still talks about that baby doll number you wore a couple years ago. If he's into sports or a certain hobby, play into that, as well.
3. Opt for lingerie that flatters your favorite parts. If you've got an impressive rack (yes, we're going there), then choose something that really shows off that feature. Maybe you're a fan of your own derriere and want to show him the goods, too. Choose a piece that accentuates whatever features you love most about yourself.
4. Footwear matters, too. It's so easy to go into a less-than-classy vibe depending on your footwear. Our suggestion: keep it simple. Patterns, bells, whistles, and more than three inches of heel can all be “too much.” Instead, opt for shoes that scream "sexy sophistication." FYI: Heels can also do a lady good when it comes to posture and accentuating muscles in her legs.